When IBM launched the CP-40 in 1967, it
changed the whole dynamics of computing. Though the concept of virtualisation
was ringing the bells from a year before, 1967 was the time which is credited
for being the cradle of virtualisation. The CP-40 was based on complete
virtualisation and could run 14 system simultaneously. Fast forward to the
early 2000s, VMware took virtualisation on a different level, allowing it’s
user to work on a different operating system through a virtual machine. The
business of today cannot ignore the power of virtualisation if they have to
What is Virtualisation?
Virtualisation refers to creating a virtual version of a resource. It simulates a virtual environment of a computing resource such as a server, operating system, desktop and network. Often, many virtual resources can be created from a single physical resource. It allows better efficiency and utilization of resources giving greater revenue for business with economies of scale. A virtual computer or VM works in an isolated environment with its own dedicated resources such as RAM, storage and OS. The bridge between the physical host and the VMs are controlled through a software called the hypervisor. Through hypervisor, a physical resource is partitioned into many VMs.
Components of Virtualisation:
There are basically three components of a
- Host machine– This machine forms the basis of virtualisation. The physical hardware that allows virtual machines to exist by allowing hypervisors to be installed on them. The primary purpose of the host machine is to provide the basic physical infrastructure to the VMs.
- The guest machines– The virtual machine which is created in simulation on top of the host machine is known as the guest machine. One single host machine can run many VMs. Each VMs run separately without any interference from
… Read the rest
When it comes to
cost-benefit analysis, the performance of a Cloud
Web Host is unmatched. The reliability and scalability features
of Cloud Hosting make it the most advanced type of web hosting available in the
market. However, simply choosing a Cloud Web Host may not do much good for your
website as a number of factors depend on the plan and the hosting provider.
Therefore, it becomes important to sort out a few things before selecting the
best Cloud Hosting solution for your website.
Things to keep in mind while selecting a Cloud Hosting
- Understanding your needs: No two websites have the same requirements. Thus, it is essential to chalk out all your needs and requirements before taking the plunge on selecting a provider. Many providers give a trial period by which you can evaluate the benefits and performance of the provider.
- Hardware and software: The backend infrastructure and hardware configuration are what makes a Cloud Hosting an effective solution for your website. It is important to understand various parameters which determine the performance of the cloud. Applying caching techniques such as Varnish caching can effectively boost the performance of your website by multiple times. Also, the performance of the cloud relies on the type of storage used. Storage architectures like Ceph storage comes with many advanced features such as self-healing which can give a major boost to your cloud-based website.
- Load balance: Load balancing is utilized in Cloud Hosting to make sure the website doesn’t experience downtime when one of the servers is malfunctioning. This server backup plan is crucial to redirect to the active server to avoid downtime. This is an important aspect which you must consider before choosing a hosting provider.
- Scalability option: One of the most important features that make Cloud Hosting
… Read the rest
One of the biggest threats that can paralyze even
the best performing web platform is data loss. You can deploy all possible
measures to keep your web server safe, but disaster can strike in unexpected
ways. Apart from hackers, there is always the risk of a sudden network outage,
natural disaster, human error on your end, etc. causing a loss to data and thus
Here’s what you can do-
a cloud hosting plan powered by cloud disaster recovery.
With a Cloud Hosting service, you can make the most of cloud storage architecture. Such systems allow you to create multiple virtual versions of your data (along with other system resources), thus increasing redundancy. In case of any man-made (hacking, theft, system bug, etc.) or a natural disaster (flood, fire, earthquake, etc.), you can easily retrieve data from any of the multiple versions.
Cloud hosting harnesses the power of cloud
disaster recovery (DR) plan.
It is not an option but a must for all site
owners to have such a plan to restore any lost data, so their online business
keeps running. So far, people have been using traditional DR methods, which
would be both cost-heavy and time-consuming. With Cloud DR, you can avail of
cheaper, better, and faster alternatives for disaster management of valuable
site data. Cloud disaster recovery is a backup and restore strategy wherein you
can store and maintain data across a cloud platform. You would never have to
buy any kind of tangible resources like backup server, drives, and disks. In
case of any disaster, you can easily recover or implement a failover system
during a natural disaster. Cloud DR allows automated failback and failovers,
making it an efficient mechanism.
Storing data on the cloud is a lot cheaper than
investing in physical … Read the rest
Email has become a venue for advertising your products and because of this people are looking for the right kind of email marketing tools and a good marketing agency, like Bravr for example, to implement the tools and an email marketing plan. There are many out there, but some of them are easier to use and understand than others. Some will also be so complex, and do more things than you really need. Please be aware that the more features do not always mean a better program.
First of all, you are going to need some sort of list tool. Something that will keep track of the lists you build and mail out too. This does not have to be super fancy, but you might want it to be able to keep track of more than one list depending on your campaigns. You will also need a bulk mailing. Not every email account will let you send out hundreds of emails at the same time. There are a few out there so do some looking.
Those were your basic email marketing tools. This is assuming that you already have a website set up and ready for traffic. Now we need to consider a couple of different things that should be tools, but often are not thought of as such. You need an opt-in or a squeeze page. Yes, you can buy email lists, but eventually you are going to want your own list. This will save on finances, but it will also bring people back to your site. An opt-in page is that little page you see pop up where you need to enter in your email address if you want more information. These are not hard to put into place, and though it might take some time to get … Read the rest
Locksmith Tips When Moving to a New House
It is really exciting moving to a new house, as well as very challenging with the task involved. You should make sure that your safety and security is prioritized before anything else. There are things you need to check to make sure you achieve this goal, and we will discuss the important ones in this article.
Keys are very critical in moving, so save yourself from the panic on moving in by locating and preparing all keys the night before, because you need your keys to lock up your old home, and your new keys to be able to move your stuff into your new house. Once you’re complete with your final walk and after saying your goodbyes, it’s time keep all lights off, lock up the doors, back and front, and head out. Changing locks should be given utmost importance, so as not to compromise the safety of your new home. Changing locks should not be that expensive as others might think of, because a trusted and reliable locksmith can give you a fair cost for durable locks. An experienced and expert locksmith is able to offer available and affordable options to properly secure the locks of your new home, without having to cover the cost of a new hardware. It actually involves a simple process of reconfiguration the inner mechanisms of a lock and rendering useless old keys. Entrust your spare keys to someone you can count on to when you need it at the most when you’re changing your locks, because gone are the days of keeping the spare key under the doormat or in a flower-pot.
Do not settle for a less deserving locksmith, look for the best locksmith you truly deserve, because might need to change your … Read the rest